About a month ago, I went to my doctor (Dr. Oz. No, not THAT Dr. Oz, the Dr. Wizard of Oz!) and he gave me an allergy shot. He said it would probably last 4-6 months. It lasted 5 WEEKS. Five. Mother Nature hates me, and has a death wish for me.
Now he has me doing and/or taking the following:
- Humidifier. Check (This is actually a really great thing I wish I would have done sooner.)
- Take an over the counter allergy pill. Check. (Been doing this for years already.)
- Get a Kenalog shot. Check. (Like I said, 5 weeks later, and I am back to being miserable.)
- Use a prescribed nasal spray. Check.
- Take a prescribed allergy pill, which costs an arm and a leg. Thank God for good health insurance. Check. (We will see how this one goes.)
All in the name of breathing, which is something I like to do, and like to do often, on a regular basis. I prefer to do it without gasping, rattling, wheezing, or whimpering. Wish me luck.