Yep, 2012 is officially over. Every year I look forward to getting out a pen and paper and writing down what I hope are going to be some amazing achievable goals for the year. Seriously, the phrase “tabla rasa” makes my skin get goose-flesh! I love do-overs and I feel January 1st is Do-Over Day!
Here is the major part of my list of resolutions. Some things I add to the list several years in a row, because I still haven’t mastered them.
- Remember people’s birthday’s (either early or on time…not late) consistently. If you read my post early last year, then by now you’ve guessed this is one I still need to work on, so on my list it goes!
- Master Level 1 in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship Education Series. I love Pat Parelli’s teaching philosophy and want to learn how to master this with my old mare.
- Finally put some raised beds in the garden. I am tired of the critters killing my cantaloupes.
- Paint the trim on the house. This didn’t get done last year either…
- Exercise regularly, and go to Crossfit consistently. I love Crossfit! It is a butt-kicking workout, and in many ways, a real time-saver. It’s also a more social workout, which tends to make you push yourself harder than you would if you were working out on your own.
- To my reading list, make sure it includes a couple of books this year on self-improvement, including, but not limited to, a book on parenting teens, as well as at least complete reading two classics. (I just finished “Jane Eyre” last month, and I was very disappointed that I had waited 40+ years to read it! Shame on me!)
- Spend more time “dating” my hubby. This can be tough when you have a child, and a particularly active child at that. You’re tired and it takes effort, but it is so worth it.
- Take the time to let the people in my life know how important they are to me and that I love them. This will be done with a phone call or a note….not a text.
- Master my new Canon! I love photography and hope to get better and better with it as time goes on.
- Relax more. That’s right, just kick back and do nothing. Trust me, this is harder than it sounds.
I guess you’ll have to check back in a year to see what shows back up on my list, but for now, I’m off to read the manual on my camera!